How do I know if I’m pregnant?
There are many pregnancy symptoms that point to pregnancy. One of the most common symptoms is a missed period. To get the most accurate pregnancy test results, wait one week after your missed period to confirm if you’re pregnant. Some other common pregnancy symptoms include:
- Swollen, tender breasts
- Nausea with or without vomiting
- Increased urination
How much will my appointment cost?
All of our support and services at Pathways Pregnancy Resource Center are at completely no cost to you! We know the financial burden that comes with pregnancy and we wanted to unload some of that burden by providing no-cost services.
Can I bring someone with me?
Yes, we want you to have the most enjoyable experience at our center! If bringing someone you trust along makes you feel more comfortable, they are more than welcome to come along.
Why Do I Need An Ultrasound?
An ultrasound does more than just reveal a heartbeat, it reveals the stage and condition of pregnancy you have. An ultrasound confirms your pregnancy’s viability, location of the pregnancy, and how far along you are.
What Are The Risks of Abortion?
Many women don’t understand the risks of abortion before choosing this option. There are two types of abortion procedures, medical or surgical abortion. Each has different and serious risks and side effects involved.
Medical Abortion Risks
Potential risks include:
- Incomplete abortion, which may need to be followed by surgical abortion
- An ongoing unwanted pregnancy if the procedure doesn’t work
- Digestive system discomfort
- Heavy and prolonged bleeding
Surgical Abortion Risks
Before 14 weeks of pregnancy, risks include:
- Another procedure needed to remove parts of the pregnancy that have stayed in the womb
- Heavy bleeding,
- Damage to the womb, or sepsis
After 14 weeks of pregnancy, risks include:
- Needing another procedure to remove parts of the pregnancy that have stayed in the womb
- Heavy bleeding
- Injury to the womb or entrance to the womb (cervix)
What if I don’t know my next steps?
Don’t worry, many women face this same question. At Pathways Pregnancy Resource Center, we are here to help navigate your pregnancy. If you haven’t confirmed your pregnancy with a lab-quality pregnancy test yet, that’s your first step!
Contact us with any questions you have today.